Mom's favorite recipe, she likes to add scallops and broccoli (cooked ahead of time). It has a light and fluffy taste because there is no cheese. Double the recipe if making it in a standard pie plate.
- Roll out dough and fit to pie plate
- Set rack in lowest position in oven and preheat to 375 degrees
- Mix eggs in mixing bowl. When done, add cream and milk, and spices. Mix a bit more
- Pour filling into pie plate. Add additional pre-cooked ingredients as well, such as scallops, broccoli, etc.
- Bake for 40 minutes. You will know it is done when a cake tester (or knife) come out cleanly from the senter.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Pro-tips: serve with a salad as a lunch/ brunch/ dinner meal. Serve with fruit salad for a breakfast/ brunch meal. Alternate fillings include cheese (Gruyere, Emmenthal, swiss, cheddar).