Recipe came from my Mom. We used to eat these growing up. She would make a batch on the weekend and store the batter in the refrigerator. Then, each morning, we would get fresh muffins baked. Cook time is 30 min when putting the batter in a cold oven and heating it up to 400 degrees.
- Place above in separate bowl and add ½ cup of boiling water. Let sit while you combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Add sugar and oil to mixer and mix well, frothing.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk.
- Add the cereals, mixing well. End with a stir by hand.
- Refrigerate and bake off as needed.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes